Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Finding my happy place...



Today I am meeting with Stan (the son of the landlady) and David to check out the roof (the vent will have to come up thru the roof) and measure some stuff. I need to map out the light fixtures and give Dave some of the worksheets that need to be filled out before I submit to the Health Dept officially. I am meeting them at 1:00pm. I am hoping we can nail down the lease so I can do some of the other things on the to-do list... like file for my on premise beer and wine and the off-premise one as well.


Yesterday and today I've been back in the kitchen... DAMN it feels good. It is good for me to remember why I am doing all of this in the first place... I really do love to cook. I am doing two small things this week; a cooler full of Viking food for Hagen to take to Estrella and my daughter's Sweet 16 Birthday party.

Yesterday I pickled beets, eggs, carrots and fennel. I also started to ferment cabbage and fennel. Then I mixed milk with acidophilous to start a simple fresh cheese. I also started the beef stock for Hagens beef barley stew and the stew for this weekend's Collegium side board.
It just feels SO good to be back in the kitchen. I dreamt last night that I was in the cafe kitchen with Stein, making little mushroom caps stuffed with Nduja for our Happy Hour. He was covering a brisket with a dry rub to be smoked and we were listening to Bob Marley on low and the sun was streaming in. If I can just hold that image in my mind... I will be fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment