Friday, February 18, 2011

ARGH! Part Deux

So today was my first round of serious equipment shopping...

I've been checking out prices on Craigslist for a while but I wanted to hit one of the larger used equipment places in the city, plus East Bay Restaurant Supply, which I thought had a bunch of used equipment (they advertise like they do oneline!)

Well, the one place was pretty good, they had some gorgeous stuff in there for people who might be interested in the old gorgeous enamel french style wood burning stove/ranges. And they did a have a decent selection of the stuff I might need, but they can't store stuff for me, so I would have to hope and pray that when the time came, they had the stuff I need in the right sizes. Plus they can get good prices on new stuff from this co-op they belong to, so technically I could get a Vacmaster and smoker on the cheap from them as well... so I found one stop shopping, but would have to deal with storage until we could get the plumbing etc done...

East Bay Restaurant supply is just way over priced... it's like shopping at William's and Sonoma for kitchen basics.

The place in Vallejo is fine for small purchases but it is just not big enough to have everything I need all on one place. I am going to check out Castillos on Monday or Sunday in San Jose to see what they have. I wish some of these places advertised a bit better :(

Katherine Goodasture suggested I maybe look into a PODS storage thing. They seem to have short term business storage.

So the press is on to get equipment, get it cheap, figure out where I am storing it and get all the specs sheets so they can be submitted in the permitting process.

No comments:

Post a Comment