Sunday, February 13, 2011

Like a tigress ready to pounce!

I am just getting more and more excited!

I got a phone call from a friend today that went kind of like this...

"Hi Rachael!"

Me, "Hi! Wow, one of my most favorite people in the world! How have you been??"

"I hear you are opening up a cafe? How come you haven't called me? I want to give you money."

This is SO awesome! This means I can pay for the stuff for the Health Department, plus all my permitting right away instead of haivng to wait until the end of the month... I am so humbled and grateful for the outpouring of support I have received.

Plus, I got the most awesome pep talk... about how I have what it takes to do well... passion, energy, focus, drive... all that stuff. I think I know what Danae must have felt like when Zeus showered her with gold.

This makes such a huge difference in how fast I can get things done! I could potentially turn in my whole packet to the health department in a week or two! It's such a weight off my shoulders.

Tomorrow I meet with Stein to revamp the menu to reflect the expanded kitchen equipment. I think I shall go laze in the bath with beer and read thru all my notes.

OH and guess what else I did? I know it is a real long shot but I sent in my resume to stage for Cosentino for the Nose to Tail dinner! http://www.offalgood.com/chris-blog

I sent in the link to this blog and also to my lamb slaughtering blog. It is the first week of April, and I think I should be able to squeeze it in before the end of April when I plan to open my shop.

Have I mentioned how much fun it was to meet my new neighbors on the Main street this past weekend? So many creative down to earth fabulous people. I am just SO so so SO excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment