Saturday, February 12, 2011

Amazing Day

So for "research purposes", Bri and I went down to check out the Martinez Wine Stroll. I cannot believe the magical worm hole I have leased for the paltry sum of $1500.00 a month (for the first year anyway). We found history and memorabilia and this tiny new wine tasting room (today was opening day!), plus the building that was rebuilt by Mr. Hook in 1926 after it burned down in 1925 (I am fairly sure this is the newest building on Main St) which houses the tiniest and most beautiful salon, plus a candy store from a different time and place. With hand made candies and walls lined with apothecary jars full of dime candies of every stripe and color. Some hard and shiny, some soft and chewy... colors that would put a spring rainbow to shame. A small ice cream display, with six different ice creams. They had wines from the local Vintner and salted caramels on the counter to sample.

We started in the art gallery next door to my place (GOD IT FEELS GOOD TO SAY "my place"). We purchased the "Wine Stroll" for $15 each. We had Sammy, Sara and two of her friends with us. They gave us a wine glass with a jaunty heart (it's nearly Valentines day) and a bright orange arm band and a trusty map of participating merchants. We chatted up one of the local artists, a local photographer and the local candy maker. Which was awesome. I introduced myself (I need to put more business cards in my purse... I am flat out) we chatted. Everyone told me I had the best spot in town :)

We struck out on the journey that is... the Wine Stroll. Stopping for a glass of wine, a stamp on our map and sometimes nibblies at every spot on the map... Brion getting gigglier and gigglier as we strolled. Man there are some COOL friggin places down there. There is this place that has all this sports memorabilia, signed and stuff. Like awesome pictures of Joe Dimmagio, signed! Albeit he had the oddest wine... like... chunky. I think he may have made it himself? With stuff he found around the house. But I would SO go shopping for the Man Cave there!

Bri and I made it thru all of the wine stroll! And I am totally in love with downtown Martinez. I can't believe how much cool shit is down there! I have so much more to write... but I am tipsy, watching The Wizard of Oz in techincolor, just ordered the the best Indian food in town (Bombay Kitchen) for delivery and Deb is coming over to hang out... life is so ridiculously beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment