Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Lots of movement... sort of!

Things are coming together (knock on wood)


Had a great meeting with Stein about seasonal menu, got my opening menu designed and ordered, ordered Stein and I business cards and got my t-shirts and aprons designed and handed off to Brion so he can talk to Benin from Trimaris about getting them done before we open.


Today David sent me an ever shrinking to-do list to get my packet ready and sent into the Health Department Today I had to call the Sanitary district and ask about grease traps and how many I will need and what equipment has to flow thru them. I also had to add up my total potential BTU useage since Dave is expanding the gas line to adjust to all the new equipment.


The Sanitary district was super nice and very helpful. I spoke to a Colleen Henry and once again I am very heartened by the patience and helpfulness of the people at the various County offices I encounter. I will need to run my mop sink, prep sink and 3 compartment sink thru the grease trap, but they are all within like 10 feet of each other so that shouldn't be too big of a deal. I need a minimum 100 lb grease trap and it will go under the floor.


I also needed to copy the section in the Health Code on air gaps to send to my plumbing sub contractor, which I did this morning.


AND I am very excited that one of my favorite photographers is willing to do my food photography in trade for selling her AWESOME art in my cafe! I LOVE THE BARTER SYSTEM!


I would guess I will be prepared to submit to the Health Department (knock on wood) within two weeks! Then I need to go thru the buidling dept, then Sanitary District... I am not sure when Fire comes in there? I better check (add to the to-do list)


And for your veiwing pleasure! Sammy at the Wine Stroll eating ice cream! Photo by Aaron Cole

No comments:

Post a Comment