Wednesday, February 9, 2011

OMG OMG!

(yes, that was my best impression of a 14 year old girl stumbling across Justin Bieber and having him drop to one knee and propose)

I can't believe that tonight we actually got the lease signed! I have keys and everything! (happy dance, happy dance)

It was so gorgeous downtown tonight. I picked the kids up from school and headed over, parked, got them some McDonalds and then we walked over to the facility. Mark, Kevi and Stan met me there. We went over everything, Mark went back to his office to type up some of the small changes and then we went over each page and initialed them. I wrote out the check and then I was given the keys.

Meanwhile, the kids were wandering around Downtown Martinez and ran into Rhonda and Aelric! How funny is that? Rhonda is Sara's godmother. Sara LOVED the downtown area, full of funky thrift shops and antique stores. She and Sam came back with several interesting purchases. Sara says she will work for tip money in the Summer so she can go thrift shopping.

It was such a beautiful night. You can smell the Bay a little from the restaurant (the Martinez Marina is wialking distance) and Stan told me the Italian restaurant around the corner sold to someone who is going to make it a Chinese Restaurant. All those poor customers who used to get their pasta from Bella' Italian food will hopefully find me!

I am rediculously excited... I feel like a woman who feel madly in love at first sight, but had been playing it cool because she wasn't sure the guy liked her back... well then the guy DID like her back, in a big way... so now I am free to start planning the marriage and naming our future children. I can actually start to get comfortable with my investment in the place and start dreaming in color about my future there. I am on cloud nine. I know there will be problems and difficulties going forth, but one major hurdle has been conquered!

Now to just get thru the next 100 hurdles!

OH and PS. THANK YOU JOYCIE! I could not have done this without you. I am not sure how I will ever repay you...

No comments:

Post a Comment