Thursday, February 3, 2011

Back on track (knock on wood)

So We met eysterday and went over a bunch of stuff. Dave got up on the roof and I think we have a good concrete plan for how to proceed forward. Hopefully I will get the lease in hand in the next few days. I need to do the small revamp to the visio drawing of the layout (the current HVAC closet may become the mop sink/closet) and I think we are going to need to make the gas line a bit bigger.

The meeting was much more congenial... I think the biggest problem I have been facing is the dyamic between the landlords and the broker. The Son (Stan) has been doing the rental stuff and leasing stuff for a while, the Broker was kind of new to the scene, hired on a whim by mom. I think the son may have felt uncomfortable with the situation and not really happy with the broker's performance (honestly, he is a nice guy... but the lease he gave me... it had the wrong address on it LOL).

I need to wrap my mind around my new-new to-do list and get it all organized.

Beer and Wine in premise
Beer and Wine on-sale
Business License
Hood Estimate
Lighting Chart
Revamp visio drawing
Get the rest of the stuff together for the submission to the Health Department (I probably need to go get another packet)
Get stuff together for Building Permit
Check with Fire to see what they need
Check with Sanitation and Sewer on the grease trap perameters
Start scouting equipment (particularly undercounter keg storage, which may need to be built in)
Communicate with my food vendor about the coffee set up
Start scouting wines
Contact Kelly about beer stuff

Man... that's a lot of stuff... but it's happy busy work!

God it was so awesome to be in the space yesterday. The sun was streaming in and happy professionals were walking by and kept looking in the window. It such a tiny space, but hopefully soon it will be mine :) I can't wait to be back in the kitchen with Stein making all kind sof awesome food!

No comments:

Post a Comment