Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Whiplash...

So... We sort of got the Lease thing going... but I am not sure what part of "No rent for the First two months" they don't understand? So they put a clause in there that basically says, pay a $2000.00 deposit, plus the third months rent upfront (LOL).


(repeat mantra... The space is very cheap... there is nothing really available int his price range anywhere else... the building is really cute... there is lots of fun stuff happening down there... once you get in there it won't be so miserable)


So as it is written I need to come up with $3500.00 by Feb 1. But my investor does not fund until the end of Feb. So now I need to 1. Try to figure out a way to come up with the cash (and still pay my other bills) Or 2. Tell them my investor does not fund until end of Feb and then risk the possiblity that we launch back into endlessly dickering and bartering over everything (which is an unbearable possiblity).


I can go to some of my clients I am doing work for this year and ask them to pay small deposits on work I will do later in the year to raise some cash... or go see if I can work thru a regular bank to get an SBA loan for a small amount so I can get started now. I am getting a small amount back in taxes this year, plus Pliska and Mary will pay rent. But that is not going to cover the whole amount.


I actually broke down and cried a little bit on the phone to Dave today. I feel so discouraged. It is so not his fault, he is going WAY over and above to help me. When I said, "I just feel so worn down and discouraged. I think if I tell them I don't have the money, they are just going to be really shitty about it and things will fall through. There is really only so much douchebaggery I can realistically deal with before I lose my mind" and he told me not to give up on my dream when I am so close... which really meant a lot to me coming from him.


I think tomorrow I will go down to BofA and see if I can get a small SBA loan, plus I will send out some emails to the people I am scheduled to do work for and see if they would be willing to make some small deposits now for work rendered later. I will just have to figure it out!
PS. newest incantation of the space!

No comments:

Post a Comment