Monday, January 10, 2011

Today the Health Department and I... are friends...

So I went in with the drawings I posted last night and the guy I saw today said... "You don't need a public bathroom for this facility unless it was built after 2004". I kind of sat there and blinked for a minute and he said, "You just have to have a sign that says No Public Bathroom... in fact, we have them here for free we will give you."

So whew!!!! I got the packet today get thru the first step. I need $1659.00 as a deposit and I need to go to the facility and get some information on the water heater, and some of the other specs so I can write them in on my current floor plan. It sounds like on the main things I need going forward are to start collecting the specs on the stuff I am going to use. Sinks, slicer, etc.

I also found a sausage stuffer on Craigslist for $140! A 15 pounder, which is awesome. I am going to try and pick that up when I get paid this Friday.

2 comments:

  1. (((((((((((((((((((Rachel))))))))))))))))))))
    Hmmmm ... Just to present another perspective: I would be really upset if there was no public washroom. Lots of people need them at unexpected times, including people on certain kinds of meds, parents who have their small children with them, pregnant women. I would also not be pleased that there was no opportunity to wash my hands before eating.
    Just my two cents,
    Love and Hugs,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, sorry, I missed that you are going to install a public washroom during the large remodel. That puts things in better perspective. Love and Hugs, Melissa

    ReplyDelete