Tuesday, January 25, 2011

And just when you are feeling the most down...

Something happens renew faith... all you have to do is be open to it.

With every new obstacle that comes my way, I have two choices... I can overcome it, or decide it is too hard and give up. There is not a solution to every problem the Moirae decide to weave into the fabric of our lives.... that said, I am a strong powerful woman and I have always known I am made of magic; a child of a gracious and loving god/dess.

Manifesting dreams into reality is powerful magic, and it seems reasonable this magic would be difficult to perform... so as I conjure my future, my dreams, I find my most powerful foes are my own demons... of doubt, of fear and disillusionment. In those moments, I look up from the darkness to find the smiling face of God/dess (and yes, call your higher power what you will; I am culturally Irish Catholic) reminding me of my passion, of my recourcefullness, of my strength. Sometimes in the darkest moments we look for a sign, ANY sign, that we are on the right path, that we are going to be ok.

So today, when I realized that I would not be able to get my funding a early so I could pay the deposit on the space I had one of those moments when, for the first time, I thought, "Maybe I can't DO this. Maybe I am insane for trying. Maybe it is just too hard?" I broke down and cried on the phone to my children's father. And then I got that tiny little nudge from the universe when the very successful businessman said, "You can DO this, you are so close! Don't give up; this is your dream! You've already done so much of the hard part!"

That tiny bit of encouragement was the kick in the pants I needed to really think HARD about how to get the money. I sent out emails to some of the clients I have later in the year to see if any of them would be willing to pay a partial deposit now. Every one of them wrote back yes! It is pretty common for people to pay a caterer a deposit, but I don't usually ask clients to do it more than a few months in advance. And it is REALLY short notice. So it was kind of a little miracle.

I feel such a renewed sense of determination... it was like pennies (only thousands of them) from heaven; the universe smiling down in my darkness and whispering in my ear, "You can DO this.... you can conjure your dream into reality."

I think sometimes that passion and tenacity are happy lovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment