Thursday, January 13, 2011

IT'S SO STRESSFUL!

So I called the broker on Friday with another offer ($1400 a month and 8 weeks to get into the space). He said he would call me back on Monday or Tuesday. But Monday and Tuesday came and no call (not a big deal, it is a small lease and I am sure he is busy with other things). But then yesterday and today still nothing. So I called the buidling owner and made the offer and we talked about it quite a bit (my long term plans etc).

I think they feel burned by the previous owner (who sounds like a real piece of work) and so I made my $1400.00 offer, with 8 weeks to get into the space. He suggested $1500.00 and a month free. We kind of compromised on $1500 and 8 weeks to get into the space (I am adding quite a few capital improvements in the next year, hood range, ADA bathroom). He said he would talk to his broker about the deal and we will meet in there tomrrow morning. I need to call or email Stein and see if he can come check it out tomorrow with me.

It was clear the inital offer I made really pissed them off. I am so worried this will color our business relationsip going forward and make them super suspect of me. I find this prospect extremely stressful.

I also am amazed this part of the process has been so difficult. Between the back and forth with the Health Department and the bad vibe on the negotiations... I also got the feeling he was upset I had not kept hi, up to date on what was going on. I talked to him in November and then he had not head from me until the super low-ball offer. But I was trying to pull together finiancing and all of the info on updating the space...

I am feeling really discouraged in some ways... I am just so exhausted by how difficult the process is. And I feel like I am pissing everyone off (not just about the cafe, but about everything) which is really disconcerting!

I have two pig heads I am working on today. I am removing the flesh from the bones to make Testa (a big head cheese sausage-y thing). And Ghislane is coming by to help me. AND I am taking a pig apart this weekend for Ajax, to be reduced down to it's compenent parts and made into yuummy things!

No comments:

Post a Comment