Sunday, January 30, 2011

I'm a big kid now!

So there was this awful crisis where I was not sure how I was going to come up with the money to make the deposit on the lease (I don't get funded until the end of Feb), but then a bunch of clients generously offered to make deposits and then a friend offered to loan me the money for a month (YAY!).

Sooooo on Friday I went down to the bank and opened up my business checking account. It took quite a while but I am so releived it is all done! Plus BofA has a program where it is $20 a month for them to do your payroll, OR if everyone does direct deposit, it is free. And they have a merchant banker who will help you get your book kepping all set up so taxes are easier at the end of the year... how cool is that!?

I doubt Stein would have an issue with direct deposit, but I think our first hire with be a dishwasher and I am not as sure they will want direct deposit?

I've been dreaming at night about the Cafe... I've been working on it so long and felt so stymied at times... sometimes it feels like it will always be this distant dream. But I (supposedly) sign the lease on Monday... then take my little visio drawing down to get it checked out by Health, Fire and Building, then Dave can get started ont he more formal drawings, then I will get my permits, file for my beer/wine license and hopefully be ready to go at the end of Feb when I get my funding. It still feels so far away...

No comments:

Post a Comment