Thursday, January 20, 2011

Options are GOOD (Plan B)







So Bri and I met up with Stein at the new possiblity tonight. It was a very interesting possiblity! So we walk in and the guy clearly is not expecting us... he lets us go check out the space, but he runs into the back first. The guy is maybe 19, pencil thin, speaks a little Enlish... there is a cot on the floor with an old dirty futon matress and a coat rack loaded with coats near the back door. Coats in like size 3 Toddler, bright pink.








This all strikes me as super odd... BUT the upside is... they have a giant sandwich prep table, a really nice big walk in fridge and lots of stuff I didn't think I would be able to afford. The hood is really outdated and will have to be revamped and the range is not what I want (no oven etc)... BUT it's all THERE, so it should be (knock on wood) easy to get some simple permits and revamp it.





The situation is a little odd... but I will call the broker tomorrow and see if I can get some specs and space information and then call Dave and see if it will be workable.
It sounds like the current lessee wants to try and get some money out of the place. I might be willing to pay for some of the stuff (sandwich prep table, ice machine, freezer), but I still will need to buy specialty equipment designed for sausage making. I think Stein liked the set up better as well.
So wish me luck! This would explain all of the Tarot that said there would be some disaster with the Martinez place. Either I work thru it all, or I come out of this experience with a much better understanding of what I need to do to get this done. I remain focused and determined.



No comments:

Post a Comment