Monday, January 24, 2011

Whew!!

(I think... deep sigh)

Sooooo, I sent the offer to the Concord Landlord and he turned it down. He basically said he would rather have the current tenants who are paying full rent in there, than someone who was going to fix all the problems and wanted discounted rent to do it. I think it is clueless and short sighted, but I am not wasting any more time on that situation.

I had previously called the Health Department and asked if it was licensed. They said it was but the re-up was due next month. I wonder if they will be able to renew? They are not in compliance with current law (I cannot imagine how they got licensed in the first place, honestly). They still have three years on their lease too... I feel really bad for the young couple. They were suckered into 5 year lease on a site that was woefully out of date and now they have a landord that is getting ready to evict them, even tho they pay their bill on time.

This is the seedy underbelly of this whole process. But it does make the Martinez situation look a lot better.

SOoooo I called the planning department today and they said the only thing I would need architectural review on was the front entrance. Putting in a hood should just be a matter of the health department and fire department agreeing on my plan being ok. So I just need David to draw up some plans so I can go take them around to all the places and get them signed off.

I think I can do the health department with the visio floor plan, but I am sure I will need actual specs for the fire department etc. They want to sign the lease on Feb 1st and that means the clock will be ticking after that!

I feel like if I use used equipment... I will need to KNOW what I am using to get the specs and get them signed off on... I just don't know how I am going to do all of this in 2 months... bleh.

No comments:

Post a Comment