Monday, January 31, 2011

The Blizzard of the Now...


So much going on and happening but nothing huge... like so many single snowflakes are harmless enough until the mass of them become a blizzard. That said, I feel like I am getting used to the chaos and doing my best to make some sort of sense of it all.


Today I hit up the Health Department again. I really think I am getting a lot closer to a workable cohesive plan. Dave and I talked about "the plan" a bunch this morning and he seems to actually be excited about the project, which is pretty cool considering the size and scope of work he normally does (I am so tiny, so very very tiny).
SOooooo, tomorrow I need to go to the Restaurant Supply in Oakland and get my Hood system all designed out so I can include it in my submission to Building Dept. then go down to the building Dept and see if my plan will pass muster. I also have to get a lighting ceiling plan, so I am going to have to go back to the facility to measure and map that all out. Then I just need my flooring, wall and ceiling materials list etc. Hmmmm... there was something else?
And, since this blog is partially to help anyone else who wants to open their own restaurant, when I went and opened my business checking account, I needed my photo ID, my federal EIN number, social security number, plus the paperwork the city gives you for your fictitious business name (specifically the green copy).
(my to do list is looping in my brain)
Tomorrow I will go get my hood system designed at East Bay Restaurant Supply, plus a cost estimate from them. Then I will go down to the buidling dept and get a quick check on my plan and see if they need anything more complicated than my visio drawing.
I am supposed to sign the lease tomorrow, but I have not heard back from the broker (I assume he is still trying to get in touch with the landlord about some of the clarifications I've asked for), so I am not sure when that might happen, but I would like to do it before I go into Oakland so I can have an exact height for the walls (they need to plan the vent hood around that) plus see what my electrical capacity is... and maybe even get the keys!
Pause... hold... Just got a call back from the broker... I made the mistake of trying to clarify something in the lease and the Landlady now wants another $2000.00 in deposit money. I am just going to go cry... I f*cking knew it.
Ok after the flurry of calls... I have no idea what is really going on other than I am not paying another 2K and they want to see the visio of the things I plan to do to the facility. I am losing my patience with the situation. But the broker seems to be confident we can ge tthru this poart of the process. I basically said to him, "It just doesn't seem like they want my business and maybe it's time for me to stop wasting all of our time?" And he reassured me things would be fine once we get over this hump. Which was, in fact, somewhat reassuring.
I totally knew if I asked for any kind of clarification to the lease, she would try to change a bunch of stuff... which she did. It is SO bizzare. I could vent a bunch of stuff about the incompetence and bad faith all the way around, but it won't do any good. It is so f*cking annoying tho.

No comments:

Post a Comment