Monday, January 10, 2011

I feel like the poodle at the Circus...




Jumping through hoops! Tonight I feel stressed; like I am unqualified to jump through some of them. I swear the Health Department has the most user friendly booklets, plus SUPER nice and helpful staff. I walk in around 8:15 am and check in and someone comes out, free of charge, to look at my plans and tell me what else I need. But I still feel so out of my depth. I am not an architect.


Today the very nice man, named Jerry, said I needed to note on the plan the floor drains, the water heater specs, plus the specs for the tables, sinks (all four kinds), and... well everything else. But I don't HAVE everything else. I can do the specs for the sinks, because those are pretty standard... but I am buying most of my equipment used, so I will just have to see what is available when I get the cash in hand.


The plans ARE evolving though. I think I am mostly stressed because the leasing broker said he would call me back today, but he hasn't. I really don't have anything to work with until I know where I am going. I get the feeling he is really sick of the clients and doesn't want to deal with them any more. I totally get it, they are a small mom and pop building and it is probably the least money he would make on this type of thing for a LOT of headache. I can hear the frusteration in his voice and I think he is not happy he had to take my really low ball offer to them in the first place.

That and I have two friends having some pretty serious life issues and I am really worried about them both. Like losing sleep worried about them. On the plus side, my catering calendar is filling up pretty nicely, so if I do need to submit for SBA funding I will have work already on the docket.

Today was stressful on a lot of levels. I hate feeling unprepared or unknowledgable and I don't have 2 years to figure out how to draw up architectural plans. I am glad there are checks and balances, but I am shocked by how difficult the process is.

No comments:

Post a Comment