Monday, July 11, 2011

Monday starts with M

And M is also for Money!

Today was a good paperwork day. I wrote down the new new recipes (Saffron Salumi and the Saucisson Sec) and answered an email from a small tasting room that is interested in our Salumi for wine pairings. I am kind of excited about the tasting because it is a shared tasting room for 7 small vintners and I am looking for small wineries to showcase in the restaurant so it could be really mutually beneficial. Stein and I will go down there on Thursday and bring a nice sampling.

I also chatted with Chef Tony Baker (online) and we will be filling the first order on Monday for Montrios Bistro in Monterey. YAY! I love this restaurant and I feel like the garage band who just got signed for it's first major recording deal that my stuff is going to be not only served there, but I am going to be credited on the menu! It is SO cool.

I was also contacted by the Contra Costa Times today by their Food and Wine columnist who is interested in doing a piece on us! It is so frustrating that I still don't know when we will be able to open. Stan has told me point blank on the phone last Friday he does not have any idea when the stuff with be fixed. I will go down some time this week to see if the retrofit has been started, but I am less concerned with the retrofit than the ADA issues. I really can't open until he fixes both, and I suspect he isn't sure how to even start.

So I called David and whined mightily and he will probably call Stan this week and try to get something rolling. Unfortunately Stan just doesn't respect me and trying to get anything done is like wading thru molasses. I am hopeful things will happen a lot more quickly if David can help talk him thru the process. Go Team Compass Star!

Tomorrow Stein and I will stuff the capicolla into bungs and hang them and then work on some duck sausages.

1 comment: