Saturday, July 2, 2011

Feeling worn out...

I think human beings can take a ton of stress for short periods of time, but to have it go on for months at a time is grueling. The saddest thing is my primary reason for stress can be summed up as having landlords with a personality style that is really different from mine.

We had inspections on Wednesday. Stan and Kevi came by and actually tried to sabotage the inspections by pointing out the thing they thought were wrong. The really strange thing is, I know they want David to help them get the front fix done, but they have been so miserable for the guys to work with between the outright sabotage of the inspections and the ongoing bizarre accusations (peeing on the roof and "Critters" etc) I am not sure why David would sign on for more abuse? I just don't understand how they think. They act like I am the enemy and everyone is out to get them and the only way they can do things is by being totally antagonistic. It seems a backwards way to get things done to me.

Now Stan is not returning my calls and I suspect I know why... he has not taken the steps he needed to take to get the front fixed and now I am nearly done with the kitchen, so I am not going to be able to open. And there is no solution in sight. I think the problem is pretty complex and will take some time to get thru the design, approval and construction process and that process, as far as I can tell, has not been started at all. He hired an engineer that is a total flake and has refused to hand over drawings to the contractor. So we really are at square one. I wish he would get help from someone who can follow thru and get the work done.

The thing that gets to me the most is how carefully I planned for my dream and how excited I was to reach for my goals but the reality is the logistics have been a total nightmare so far. I can't continue on like this forever but the primary cause of stress is not going to end any time soon. I can't make Stan and Kevi be reasonable and predictable and they will be my landlords as long as I am at this place. I am losing sleep and irritable. I worry that by the time I open I will be so worn down I will not have the energy and enthusiasm to do a good job. It is clear they have zero respect for me and seem to be trying to sabotage my business. I just don't understand this... if I am successful we all win.

In the lease there are provisions for mediation and I think if there isn't movement soon, I will try to figure out what the process is to go thru mediation and see if that doesn't help get things back on track. I am worried I am going to have some kind of nervous breakdown.

No comments:

Post a Comment