Sunday, July 17, 2011

Exciting Week Ahead!

Tomorrow Chef Tony Baker from Montrios in Monterey will be visiting the restaurant site. This means Stein and I will be hanging out in the morning at the almost completed restaurant! I will try to remember to get pictures for the Blog. He is picking up the first order for Salumi for the restaurant. We are then meeting the new Chef at Creek Monkey to do a tasting and have lunch.

Then we will be spending the afternoon grinding the offal for Nduja. I cleaned the hearts and kidneys today and kitted out the spices. I would have ground everything but I had to take pork out of the freezer to let it thaw anyway.

I only have about 4# of Nduja left and every one of the restaurant clients we've seen have seemed to prefer it. Tuesday we are making spicy lamb Slim Jims with really small casings. Then we are organizing all of the equipment to be moved into the restaurant next weekend. (YAY!!!)

Then we will spend some time moving stuff around and making lists of stuff we need, and then... (insert drum roll) going for our permitting! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment