Monday, May 16, 2011

Nights are stronger than moonshine...

The days are becoming a blur of activity... like I am the soul of the hurricane, the wind and noise and rush of everything rising up around me, everything in motion. So much happens that I am struggling to keep track of the details.

Today Stein said to me, "Everything happens for a reason. Think of how stressed we would be if we were only a couple of weeks from opening. We've been given some time to get our bearings and explore many options." I do think the forced delay pushed me to bump up the implementation and exploration of the food booth and festival idea, plus giving me some decent time to market my products to higher end restaurants (which has been a lot of fun).

Today David talked to Jeff Taylor. If I sign a paper saying I know of the ADA and masonry issues, and Stan signs the paperwork saying I have permission to do the work, and I (re) submit the approval of County Sewer... I can give Dave the new keys I had made for the facility, plus the packet I made for the health department that has everything in it... and they will be able to get the building permit and get started (knock on wood).

We still need to talk to the ADA lawyer and get the sticker that says we are working to fix the ADA issues so I (hopefully) don't get sued right away. I am still really leery of opening with the front entrance as is. Apparently the same group that hit up the Mexican place just hit up the new place, Roxx, for money as well.

I am focused on at least getting this one piece of the puzzle, a working functioning kitchen, moving. It seems strange that after resigning myself to possibly being stalled for months, this thing could be done in 3-6 weeks. Of course something will happen and it won't happen so quickly... I think I disbelieve after so many struggles and the labyrinth process that anything will ever happen.

But time marches on and this week I am focused on the Peddler's Faire next weekend, plus the third visit to T-rex with the chicken sausages (tomorrow). It seems like such a simple thing, but there are myriad tiny details that must be attended to and I have an SCA project this week for my room mate that will be at least a days worth of work. Stein and I will have to divide and conquer tomorrow. He will go to Petaluma to check out a local goat cheese maker, plus a used pastry case and grab the Weaver's coffee for the weekend, while I gather all of the stuff for David to meet up with the Building Department and then deliver them to him. I will try to prep out a few items (candied nuts, aioli base, romesco). Then we will both head in to T-rex for the chicken sausage tasting.

I am just going to fervently hope we can actually get a demo/building permit and get going soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment