Friday, May 6, 2011

Made two new Salumi today! A gorgeous fish (it's like a fish mousse inside with herb and shrimp garnish) one and a really yummy orange fennel pork fresh sausage. We also made the mortadella with no garnish inside a regular hog casing and more Andouille (I think it is our best yet).

We also found a kitchen to rent for about $20 an hour ($500 for the month) so we can participate in the Main St Martinez Peddler's Faire on May 21st. Stein and I decided to do cold foods and we have some cool ideas for presentation and marketing. I need to go to Kinko's next week and get a sign made. I already have the food booth/canopy/tent. After I am done with the private party for tomorrow in the City, I will be able to focus fully on the food booth idea.

We went and checked out the Todos Santos farmers Market to see how other people set up their booths on Thursday night and got some great ideas. I will try to take pictures next week as we get stuff online. I go down on Monday morning at 9:00 am to fill out the paperwork. We also still have to go to ABC and I still have not heard anything about the unreinforced masonry, or what they are doing to fix the ADA stuff. It just seems like they have no sense of urgency... which is a little depressing.

But looking on the bright side, we will be able to explore the food booth thing without also having to run a restaurant and I did find a nice commercial kitchen for rent pretty cheaply where I can store items. It was fun to go to the farmer's market. I talked to local food artisans and got business cards... and had a great chat with this little bee keeper who will hopefully be able to get me some fresh local honeycombs (I should also ask Mark about that).

I know this all seems very disjointed, but things are as busy as I organize them to be and I am tired of sitting on my butt waiting.

So next week so far...

Monday


  • Go fill out paperwork to be a food vendor at the Martinez Peddler's Faire

  • Go to ABC and turn in paperwork

  • Go to Semifreddi's breads and set up vendor account

  • Prep food for Molpus Wedding bridal couple tasting

Tuesday



  • Go to T-rex with the four sausage varietals for them to sample

  • Meet with Molpus Wedding bridal couple for a tasting

Wednesday



  • Get Compass Star food vendor signage ordered and designed

  • Start prepping items needed for May 21st Peddler's Faire

Then we will need to put a bunch of pastrami in brine so it is all ready to go on May 21st... LET'S COOK!

No comments:

Post a Comment