Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Found a kitchen...

It is in Hayward, but it will totally work and we can store stuff on site. WHEW! It was a really interesting set up. Like 6 individual work stations with their own ranges etc. Plus... apparently there is this guy who makes sausages there and he has this ginormous grinder and mixer... it can do like 50 # of sausage in like an hour. And I can use it if I need it! Pretty cool!

We also went by Semifreddi's for a bread tasting, which was hysterical. Wendy meets us at the back with a full on hairnet and has racks and racks of bread for us to try... whole loaves! We came home with this much bread. Like four giants bags full of bread, four whole sliced loaves of bread and a giant box of pastries. I have the most amazing Carb-haze going on right now... it is hard to really fathom the depths of it....

We also stopped by this place that said they had some restaurant equipment for sale. I thought it was the place we tried to hit in Hayward last time (but the guy wasn't there), but it ended up being a different place. A dad and his son... they had the biggest pita baking oven I've ever seen... it was bigger than my suburban! He said it could cook like 5000 pita breads a day...

Anyway but we also found a Berkel vacuum sealer! YAY! It was kind of funny, the guy said it was $1200, then we grabbed 10 lexans with lids and he dropped the price (for all of it) to $1100. The Berkel sealers (new) are in the $5000.00 range. This one is an older model, but the chamber is huge, I will be able to make head cheese!

We also stopped by Del Monte Meats to get the product to cure for the Peddler's Faire. I also got all of the loose ends out of cure and hung up today, YAY! And I had one of the guests at the catering job in the city this weekend contact me for some personal chef gigs, plus another friend is getting a bunch of my sausages for a friend for her birthday this weekend... All in all not a bad week!

I still have not heard anything new on when the restaurant would open. But we did go drop off the final bit of paperwork at the ABC today, so (whew)... Tomorrow I should play with chicken sausages, we will go show them at T-rex next Tuesday (3rd Tuesday in a row that we get to go hang out in a super cool restaurant and talk shop and play with food).

I am so excited about the Peddler's Faire next weekend! I get to hang out all day with my beloved Brionator, Mr Galen and the Schwienstein (our new nickname for Stein) and sell my products and interact with my future potential customers.

No comments:

Post a Comment