Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A day of rest and contemplation...

(I can't figure out how to turn my spell check back on, sorry guys... it's been really bad the past few posts) As I have found thus far, there is a flurry of activity, then a pause to wait. I am in waiting mode (this time for the Building Department). Waiting mode has become a really good time to take stock and figure out what is next, then prepare for whatever that is. Pretty soon the building process will be in someone else's hands (my contractor). I need to schedule a meeting with the Martinez Chamber of Commerce and the the property management group that runs the Main St Martinez functions. Apparently, much to my unfettered delight, the Mayor of Martinez will come and do a ribbon cutting on your opening day if you are a part of the Chamber of Commerce. And Main St Martinez put coupons and advertising in the juror packets for the County Court House. That is direct advertising to 2500 local people each year who could be potential customers going forward, which is pretty cool. I also need to set up my vendor accounts for my bread, some cheeses, coffee and meats and seafood. Plus I need to go lease my coffee equipment, POS system and set up my payroll stuff with BofA. I am taking a rest day to collect the pertinent phone numbers, make appointments and just generally formulate my next plan of attack. It is nice to mentally rest for a day, since I am sure it will be short lived!

No comments:

Post a Comment