Friday, April 1, 2011

The Building Dept..

So once again we find out erstwhile anti-heroine slogging thru the nipple high red tape... My landlord had called me last week and reccomended I talk to a specific person at the Building Dept. The person he reccomended was familiar with the facility, had worked with former tennants and was generally knowledgable, nice guy, easy to work with etc. So when I picked up the stamped plans for the HD today, I called the number for this guy. Another guy answered the phone and scared me to death... I'd talked to many government agencies before I signed the lease to make sure there was not going to be a prolonged process to open. I mean, I knew there was a process to get thru the HD etc, I just was hoping to not have to do anything over and above the minimum of that type of thing. So this guy told me I would have to make the entrance ADA acccessible. Everyone else had told me this was NOT a requirement, but you could potentially be sued if it was not ADA compliant. Anyway, so I went down to the Build Drpt today to try and get my buidling permits. I showed up and anyway, the guy who scared me wasn't available but the guy who knew all about the place was (YAY), His name is David. Anyway, so we went over everything, plus talked to planning about the process to fix the front entrance and I submitted for permits today. I still have to take down 2 more sets of full plans, plus I need to take this paperwork to the fire inspector to get it signed off on as well. Which I will do on Monday. Plus I have an appoinment to join the Martinez Chamber of Commerce. Apparently I can get the Mayor to do a ribbon cutting ceremony at the cafe (LOL), which is kind of adorable. Apparently Rigo (they very cute Building Dept Guy) thinks it will take about 2 weeks. I should be able to get a demolition permit sooner I hope. They are awfully nice down there and it was pretty cute how they all were trying really hard to help me (Cleavage for the win!). I am confused about the Fire thing tho... Brion seemed to think it would be about 4 weeks for the fire inspector to sign off on the hood and fire supression system, so I am kind of nervous that it will be 4 weeks and then two weeks. But hopefully that is not the case. Anyway, I feel my stress really ratcheting up and I am trying not to get mired down in it. It just always feels like there are a millions things that can go wrong. Freak out moment of the meeting: Dave looks at me and is like, So you are going to have a deep fryer? I have some bad news. Wherein I freak out. But he only wanted to tell me I was going to need a grease trap, which I already knew! OH jeez.

No comments:

Post a Comment