Tuesday, April 5, 2011

ABC packet came...

Ok so there is a list of stuff I need to accomplish before I can be granted my on premise Beer/Wine license



  • I need to get fingerprinted and FBI scan

  • Post the sign they gave me in my window for 30 days

  • Send back an affidavit saying it is posted

  • Have an interview where they outline ABC laws, which is then signed off on and sent back

  • Sign off that there is no residentail housing withthin 600 ft of the premises (there isn't)

  • A small packet of paperwork

  • proof that I have posted in a public newspaper for three consecutive weeks of my intent to sell beer and wine

So tomorrow when I go to Martinez to meet with the Chamber of Commerce people to join the local Chamber of Commece and then the Martinez Gazette so I can register my intent thingie for three consecutive weeks, I will also post the 30 day notice sign in the window. I can also post my "Opening Soon" sign, which means I should also print out the informational flyer on what I do and post that in the window as well. I wish I had some better pictures of my food! But Esme is going to help with that on down the line a bit.


They gave me a list of local places that will do the finger printing and FBI scan thingie. So I will try to go get that done tomorrow as well... whew! The finger printing thingie runs from $25 to $40. Wow... there is SO much paperwork to be done to get the beer and wine thing and I totally blanked on the fact it was all in my name. I can do the transfer once the LLC process is totally complete (I've gotten thru the first part, which is registering the name and getting my file number). But this should shave 3 months off the time it would take me to get the ABC license and hopefully there will only be like a month of it in my name and I will up my business insurance to cover that. I need to figure out how to apply a Beer/Wine license to my catering. So far people have been happy to buy their own booze and wine and I've only needed to do the food. But it would be nice to be able to offer the service once I am actively paying attention to wine.


It always feels like there is not enough money to do anything on time or as well as I would like, but it (knock on wood) always seems to be just barely enough to keep things squeaking along.


Everyone I've talked to downtown seems so happy about someone moving in to the space. It really is such an awesome spot. I think just about anything would do well in the location, so I can't wait to see what people think of all the hand made charcuterie and other food that is made with a lot of love and care. I think I will watch Rattatouille again tonight and just... maybe just the last five minutes when he is on his roof top serving the rats and people at the end.


And Today I had REALLY good Lebanese food in downtown Pleasant Hill. Mezza Grill. It looks like a tiny Quiznos, with a Lebanese condiment bar and everything... but the food was just killer. I am a little sad he's doing it like a fast food place, the food is so much better than that. OH and he forgot to give us our fries... but I was so full of fantastic sticky rice and grilled lamb with killer humus and cucumber kefir sauce that who cared about fries? The green salad was one of the best mediterranean salads I've ever had, with like... these kind of dried tight little black olives in there and a really sticky herby dressing. Seriously SO good. And it was like $9.00 for a full plate of all this decadence. Sammy loved it too. LOL


We get to the counter to order and I list off all this stuff and the guy looks at Sam and basically asks him if he wants no veggies and spices on his food. Sam deadpans back, "My mom feeds us like real people, not Americans." (He is dead serious). The counter guy (who I suspect owns the place) and I burst into laughter. It was priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment