Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Yay! New Restaurant Client!

Had a fantastic time in Monterey with my good friend Carol Brink. She hoooked me up with Chef Tony Baker from Montrio Bistro and he LOVED out Charcuterie. He's placed our largest Restaurant Charcuterie order to date today and I am so excited to have my Salumi in fantastic restaurant like Montrio! Plus he is even going to give The Compass Star billing on the Charcuterie! I am so SO excited!

We can realistically only service 3-4 restaurants with Charcuterie in our current kitchen and storage space, and we have already cultivated a relationship with Creek Monkey (due to open soon) so this is restaurant #2 and I could not be more thrilled!

Plus building up the supply will be keep me happily busy making salumi for the next few weeks!

I came in around 4:00 and we chatted about who I am and what I do and who is and what he does. He is British by birth (and SUPER cute, in a very safe-married way) and has been involved with Montrio for the past 15 years. He tried the stuff I brought and then the staff tried it as well, which was a hoot! They were so excited about it and liked it so much! You guys have no idea how validating that is after spending the last six months so focused on opening the restaurant, and paperwork and governmental agencies etc. I miss those interactions so much!

Anyway this morning he placed a large order and we discussed viable delivery times and now... I just get to work to pull it all together doing one of my favorite things in the world... making salumi!!!!

2 comments:

  1. That is so cool! Congratulations! It's so exciting when other food people are excited with you about your food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! Montrio is long been one of my favorite Monterey restaurants.

    ReplyDelete