Thursday, June 2, 2011

And then it all starts to fall into place!

Wow, the past two days have been insane.

David called yesterday and said... we need all the sinks! AAHHHHH! I have not been buying that stuff because we don't have a place to put it all. So Stein and I flounced out to San Jose to check out some sinks. today we found a hand sink, plus the sandwich prep station in Petaluma. then we dashed over to Oakland and picked up a used 3 compartment sink, plus a prep sink and the hardware for the prep sink.

The Oakland place was really interesting. We met up with Danny, a slender young Asian man, in a orderly clean space with neat rows of items. I liked him right away. He showed us the sink, and then I asked about a Hobart mixer (20 quart) and he said, "Oh, I don't sell those. I collect them... I have a bit of a fetish." ?? Fetish?? I mean Hobart appliances, with their beefy strength and long running gears... I can kind of see it. They were spotless and shiny. It was kind of weird... but kind of cool too.

So we asked him about freezers and refrigerators. He had nice stuff at good prices. I should be able to get my final stuff for about $2100.00... only I don't have that much money left. I do have some work this month, which will help, but I am worried that my equipment money is running so low right now. I still need to pay for the fire suppression system, the keg storage and the refrigerator and freezers. I know I will come up with is somehow, but it is really stressing me out currently. Plus I just paid $400 for the fire suppression system permit. Bleh.

But the really exciting news is when I went to drop off the specs at the restaurant I walked into the most lovely site! they have started the demolition! This means... well this thing might actually happen!

Plus I went to ABC today and signed the last two things I needed to, so it is pre-approved pending the remodel! WOO HOO!!! So, as the title suggests... things are finally starting to come together... (knock on wood so I don't jinx myself)

No comments:

Post a Comment