Tuesday, June 7, 2011

She's Crafty... She Gets Around...

So I have been (obsessing) thinking about how to get the last bits of my equipment with quickly dwindling funds. Danny (Hobart Fetish guy) from Oakland had all of the cold storage (outside the sandwich prep station, which I already have and the keg storage, which I already have lined up) I still need for $2100. That and the espresso maker are the last big expense items I need.

Danny mentioned if I bought the items, he would store them for me. I started thinking about the plan to leas the espresso maker and decided I would email Jessie (the guy I got the sandwich prep station from) and ask him if he would let me give him a down payment for the espresso maker he has been advertising and then pay it over over the course of a few months. I also emailed Danny and asked him if I gave him a $500 deposit would he store the items til July. So both of them went for it, but then I saw a 2 group espresso maker online for $600...

So I am going to check out the $600 one tomorrow morning, then meet with Wendy for Drinks and then FP tomorrow night! YAY! This means I can pretty much get all of the larger ticket items reserved for $1100, then make another $1100 payment on July 1st and pick them up.

I know sometimes it is so hard to visualize a way to do the things you need to do when you are getting low on funds, so I wanted to stress the importance of being creative and trying to think outside the box if you can. This way the only things I will still need to lease are the POS system ($140 a month).

Other items I still need to purchase are forks, knives and spoons, chairs (22), bar stools (6), a condiment table and other kitchen small wares (saute pans, 200 pans, pencil pans). I will probably still need one more coffee grinder. We also still needs the dunnage racks, cabinetry and wine storage. Hmmmm... phones and fax machine. It's so totally endless really! LOL

I was contacted by a guy from the City who is starting a gourmet hot-dog cart. He wants to try some of my house made sauces, so I will take those into the City next week (thanks Anthony for recommending me!). He wants to try my Brats too... only... Brats... well some Americans seem to think they are en emulsified sausage. I am not sure how to explain there are several German regional varieties, and likely within the German-centric parts of the country another regional variety... and those are all pretty chunky. Meaty and chunky with a dominant marjoram flavor. Not light and fluffy like a hot dog. I am just going to bring a real brat and hope he knows where I am coming from. He seems really nice, and pretty passionate, so I could totally get lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment