Monday, March 28, 2011

Timing and what to expect...

So I was worried that my ABC paperwork might have been sent back, so I called them today to check on it. I filed the paperwork with the ABC in Oakland on March 8th. The lasy I spoke to today said she'd personally processed the paperwork and mailed it to me on Thursday the 24th. I put in the change of address on Wednesday the 23rd so I am hoping upon hope that it does get to me eventually. I filed the Health Department packet on Wed March 2nd and have not yet heard back from them. I will call them tomorrow morning and just check to make sure they have everything they need from me. I filed the LLC paperwork in person in Sacramento on March 2nd and got the return paperwork on March 24th in the mail. I mailed out the return paperwork on March 25th. I cannot submit for a building permit until the health department signs off on my plans. However, my landlord did suggest that the people who work in the building permitting office are nice and willing to work with people. So hopefully that is not too big a deal. And I did already speak to the people at County Sewer, so hopefully that will go ok when the time comes. Fire... I have no idea? I find the lack of "stuff to do" has kind of lulled me into this strange slow motion world where it is hard to imagine the wheels moving at regular speed again. This is silly because once the Health Department gets back to me, it should be pretty much crazy time until the place is open. I find I am stressing about money. I am sure this is a common enough thing. I need to pay my first month's lease on the first, apply for business insurance for the facility, get my business license for Martinez (Fire, HD etc need to sign off for this one), plus lease my POS system and coffee stuff, plus buy equipment, but I just don't have the money right now. I know when the time comes, I will... but it still just makes me so nervous. Plus I am not sure how the timing should go for setting up my payroll system (I am guessing 4-6 weeks out from opening). I will have Stein keep track of his hours and pay him once it is up and running if we need to get started on prep before it is all set up. I also need to pay for the jerseys. Whew... I will feel a lot better when I get thru some of these governmental hoops.

No comments:

Post a Comment