Thursday, March 24, 2011

Staying frosty... staying alert

Soooooooo.... what can I be working on in the interim?

Once the Health Department approves my application, I need to take the signed application information and leave three copies of it with them. I only had one copy, so I need to gather up all the info and make three of the copies

I need to write out the recipes for the products covered by the HACCP plans and make copies and put them in their folders

I need to make some flyers to post in the window of the facility to give people information, like when we will be opening, our menu etc

I should check in the with Health Department about whether they need spec sheets for the equipment I have not purchased yet.

I need to meet with the payroll company to get Stein and I set up for that

I need to go to the bread companies and get my merchant account set up

I need to go visit Vebrugge Meats and Del Monte Meats and talk to them about my special needs (antibiotic free pork back fat, pig heads... stuff like that) and get merchant accounts for the facility

I could start the process to get Business insurance for the facility

I could start the process to lease my POS and figure out what I am going to do about the coffee stuff.

Coffeee Stuff: I was going to go with Caribou coffee because it was really good and they would kick in the coffee equipment. But then I found out they don't kick in the espresso maker and THAT equipment, so I have to lease equipment anyway. So Now I kind of want to just lease everything and do the Weaver's coffee like I'd orginally planned. I know it makes me a f*cking geek, but this is my place, with my name all over it and I would rather serve something that I LOVE vs. something that is pretty good. But the coffee equipment leasing place said they want perfect credit. Which after 3 years as a starving student, mine is OK, but it's not perfect. And if I can't lease it, it will be maybe $3k to $4k to buy it all. And I am opening a coffee shop and Cafe... I can't really get away with not having espresso when I open. Bleh.

You know how you leave the stuff you kind of don't really feel like doing for last... so you get all the stuff you don't mind doing done first... and now it is just the dregs! I feel the lethargy setting in, but I know it just me being stuck with the waiting.

1 comment:

  1. Did you accomplish your tasks? I know exactly how it feels to do the things you don't feel like doing at all. It can be dreadful and, sometimes, we just hope for it to end as soon as possible! Anyway, you mentioned business insurance. Does this mean you're putting up a new business? That's great to know, then!

    -Avery Gerner

    ReplyDelete