Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Full blown panic attack...

Just talked to the HD... they are so nice but the process is... has the potential to be... SO fucked up. So I submitted my stuff on the 3rd of March. 20 working days for the process would put me near the end of the month. They call you if they approve your plans, and fax or call you if they reject them. If they reject them, you have to resubmit the whole thing and wait another month! This is a case where I think I did my research, but I am very concerned that I did not do enough. And the worst part of it is... the guy who gave me the incorrect advice on the bathroom set up, which cost me a month of needless stress and work, is the same guy who reccomended I submit the plans "as-is" on the 3rd. I was under the impression from the collaborative plan check process that if they had questions etc, they would let me know before rejecting the packet. Now, I feel like I don't really know what is going on and I am not sure if the plans can be rejected for something small? I've heard of people taking a year to get thru the Health department. AND now I am wondering if I need to resubmit the $1800 fee if it is rejected. I am doing this on such a shoestring that having to wait another month and pay another $1800 would be just devastating. I just have to relax and hope for the best, but make a plan for the alternative just in case... I should know in the next couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment