Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Packet submitted to the Health Department! WOO HOO!

So I went down this morning to verify if my garbage plan, storage square footage list and finish schedule were what they wanted and the plan check guy suggested I submit the plan as-is. He said there was a a two week back log before they will even get a chance to look at it, and I can bring in the addendums later and add them. That was I get in line for plan review but I can still add the things he suggested. So I wrote a check for $1700 and turned it all in.

I will need to recreate it so I can make three copies. They will sign off on the one I have already submitted. I also found out that 20 days is the maximum they can take to look it over. SOOoooooooo this means, We could get started in as little as maybe three weeks, if I can take the stuff down to the buidling permit guys in 20 days, plus I need Sanitary District and Fire to sign off as well.

I also finally broke down and drove in to Sacramento to file my LLC. I'd sent in a check and stuff like 6 weeks ago and they hadn't even started to process it. The harried (but very nice) lady at the Secratary of State's office said that budget cuts have cut productivity down to an agonizingly slow crawl, but now that I turned it in in person they have only have 20 days to process it.

I can't file for my liquor license until I have proof of the LLC because I don't want to be personally liable for alcohol related lawsuits. But they have to put a written notice in the window of the cafe for 30 days before they even start to process the liquor license, then it is another 35 or so days. So I am tempted to submit now in my own name and then transfer ownership to the LLC when it goes thru, that way at least the process gets started.

No comments:

Post a Comment