Thursday, August 25, 2011

Whew!

We had a two hour meeting with Kevi and Stan today. It was mildly contentious but also pretty productive I think. I feel like I got to understand Stan a bit more and I felt we really kept to relevant topics instead of contentious ones.

They have a plan, it was going to be submitted today. David and Stan talked at length about how to maybe do things a little easier or less expensively and then the architect showed up and It think he was really annoyed they were thinking of changing the plan. So the architect had the plan they had all agreed upon with him to submit to the Building Dept. It had been approved by the planning dept and the building dept verbally and was good to go. I couldn't tell when we left if Stan was going to submit the plan as is, or try to explore some of the other options. It was kind of confusing at the end because David has another appointment to go to and I think Stan was hoping they could all go down to the Building Dept and talk about it.

I can tell Stan really REALLY doesn't like me, but he was polite and I hope I was too. We talked about his honey (he is a bee keeper) and he showed me some stuff. Really beautiful honey and beeswax. I love the smell of fresh honey! I made a list of the things he was hoping to get addressed and took some pictures too so I hope we can get all that stuff taken care of so he is happier about that.

ANYWAY, so it was a little confusing when I left but I think they did submit a plan today to get a building permit. It is hard to tell if the structural/retrofit guys are done? BUT, if they can get started soon I would expect the construction to take 2-3 weeks. Which means Stein and I might be able to get in and start moving stuff around Sept 15th which would put our soft opening at October 1st-ish. Send me lots of good hopeful vibes!

No comments:

Post a Comment