Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A ray of sunshine in the clouds...

Today David and I went down and talked to Kevi. She was so sweet; she told me her story a bit and how her and her husband saved up to buy the buildings they owned, along with some of their siblings. Her husband passed away some years ago and the living siblings are all getting older, some are in very expensive assisted living. She knew that Stan had lost it with me and she chided me a bit for putting too much pressure on him.

At any rate we all agreed that we really just wanted to get the restaurant open and needed to collaborate and help each other out. It was a big relief to just be able to sit and talk in a reasonable way about everything. I know Stan is very stressed about other stuff (that has nothing to do with me) and seems close to some kind of break down. I just have to be a business person and work thru whatever obstacles come my way.

So Kevi said she would set up a meeting this week with David and I and Stan (hopefully Thursday). David said he would help with some of the finish work if needed and then on the way home he said if he needed to help me financially get thru to the opening, he would. This is a huge relief to me but I am still hopeful we will be open some time in September. Stein can't be out of work much longer and he is a huge part of my 10 year plan. I will find a way...

David said on the way back from Kevi's, "The end is always the hardest part of any project. You will get thru this." And today on my Facebook... I had an outpouring of love and support from my friends... it really restored my faith in the goodness of the world, my place in it and that I am part of something that is good and meant to be. Thank you Universe for showering me with inspiration just when I need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment