Friday, September 2, 2011

Woke up feeling fantastic today!


I have had so many small stressors lately that it's been hard to feel good. I have been clenching my teeth in my sleep and waking up really sore etc. But I had a really great chat yesterday with my boyfriend, my plongeur resolved some stresses from the extended wait (to open TCS), my sous chef got his little guy off to a successful start at his new school and we had a great time catering Savour's promotional party this last Wednesday... so the morning feels bright and shiny and new.

I also pulled the new Capicolla from the curing box and cut some up for the party on Wed and that cheered me up too! It is really lovely. I am not sure why I keep waiting for someone to go, "this is CRAP!" When I know how good the stuff really is, but I think partially it is because the demand is so high we've been putting stuff out at the earliest moment instead of waiting an extra month or so for it to get a more familiar dryness. So I feel I am putting some products out "wet". I know once we get the flow down, it will be fine. But it will take 4-6 months to get enough stuff in the queue for that to work. It's really only the ground sausages... but still.

The party was a lot of fun! The Wineries count on the limo drivers etc to guide consumers towards their tasting rooms, so they will have invitational parties to promote their wines directly to these tourist support industries. It was a very fun local insider crowd and they seemed to really like the food. I got a chance to chat with several folks. Meghan (the tasting room manager) and I collaborated on a salumi cone delivery system and it worked out splendidly!

I had a friend (Wendy Bliss) do the service/FOH stuff and she did an awesome job. It is a relief to have someone so capable on the roster for FOH since that is not really my area of expertise. I feel like every day I am collecting pieces of the puzzle to make things better!

I have not gone down to the restaurant in a week or so. I am letting them get their work done. Stan gave all the info to David on the time frame which sounded like 2ish weeks BUT there was some caveat about a wood that needed to be ordered that was going to take longer, so I need to try and figure out if that is going to hold us up or what?

As always I am worried about money. But I am feeling more hopeful and mellow about the whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment