Monday, September 12, 2011

Today had a bit of a planning meeting...

With the Steinster and Galen (who was falling asleep... I am going to have to try and spruce up my staff motivational speeches) . Then we ran out to Ikea to check out things like wine racks and... shelving. We also had some Swedish meatballs and Pancakes, plus... I can't remember what else. Ikea is kind of like a Disney ride for hipster soccer moms.

Then we hit the restaurant... which WOO HOO! It looks like they are framing out the last stuff before they put the windows in, and there is this really pretty light fixture they are putting up... I am not sure where? But I like it!

Wow things are going fast now and we have so much busy work to do. In addition to opening the restaurant we have our regular catering schedule. This week we need to make 500 meatball sliders for an event that Martinez Chamber of Commerce is putting on called Martinis on the Plaza. It is going to be a perfect marketing opportunity; 500 locals. So we decided to serve something small that is a static item on our menu. I am really proud of my meatballs and I think they are really unique, so people can sample an original menu item that they can look forward to when we open. We are also going to make some small coupons for the month of October for a free 12 ounce coffee with a purchase of a morning breakfast item or pastry. Plus have our static menu and business cards out. I think it will cost me about $220 in product all together (I am having a really hard time finding the right size slider buns, we used to make them at school but I am not really wanting to make 500 of them).

We also will have another marketing opportunity at the Martinez Street Painting Festival on Sept 24th. While Stein and I are catering a wedding, we will have Galen manning a food booth with an Italian Ciabatta Sub, Pasta Salad and a green salad. This should be a week or two before we are ready to start our soft opening.

We will once again pass out coupons for a free coffee with purchase. Since we are showcasing a locally roasted and truly superlative coffee, we WANT the business crowd to get in and try our coffee. We are the closest coffee to the court house, but we are competing with Starbucks about 4 blocks down. So what we have going for us is 1. we are a small local place and some people do try and shop the small guys and 2. Our coffee is just better. John Weaver was the master Brewer for Pete's Coffee for years and his coffee is kick-ass.

I am pretty excited about getting out there and being so close to opening!

No comments:

Post a Comment