Sunday, September 18, 2011

The Ants Go Marching...

Yesterday was a lot of fun and very productive! I am co-coordinator for a historical food event in Feb 2012 and we have been struggling to find an event site that would fit our needs. It needs to sleep 100 people, have multiple kitchens, plus outdoor cooking area, classroom-like areas, within 1 hour to an airport... you get the idea.

Anyway, yesterday my co-coordinator, Donna Green-Tye, and I found an AWESOME site. I know our historical foodie friends are going to love it and I cannot wait to see what classes and demos people will come up with to fill the space. Donna and her amazingly awesome spouse (if Dicken's Feziwig was tall and slender, and a Burgermiester from a fantastic wine-making town in Germany, he might be much like Andrew) gave me a ride home and came to check out the restaurant. We popped on over to Lemon Grass for lunch and had a very enjoyable and delicious meal and got to chat with the owners. They have been somewhat following my progress and were so welcoming! They thanked me for my kind words about them in the Gazette article, and said a few customers had saved the clipping and brought it in for them.

Then we headed down to the shop and met up with Brion and Stein and our friend George (who offered to help for the day). They put the casters on the cold display case (it has to either be moveable OR 6 inches off the ground... it is SO freakishly heavy, we decided to put on wheels), hooked up the water to the espresso maker and the coffee maker, figured out the drainage system for the steam table, built shelving and moved things around, plus I started cleaning the stove. It felt good to get so much done! It is really starting to come together more every day. George is madly in love with my friend Phoebe and wrote Phoebe plus G on the bottom of the cold display case... I think having all that love around is pretty great!

I also had to put together a large order of fresh sausage for my favorite customer, who is taking the sausage truck to the Folsom Street Fare next weekend. I still need to put together the chicken apple bourbon sausages, but the brats are mostly done (some still need to be poached off).

Next week, we need to put together the order for the Folsom Street Fair, plus get the wedding food for next weekends wedding prepped and fabulous, plus prep for the Italian Street Painting Festival next Saturday. AND still work on getting the kitchen ready. Lots to do lots to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment