Saturday, October 29, 2011

Vegging out watching the Cooking Channel

Hanging out after running around all day picking up odds and ends for the shop. We tested the acid etching for the wine glasses and the prototype looks great. I am mulling over our opening night special and gathering ideas so Stein and I can make some choices on Monday. We will offer a commemorative wine glass with a first glass of wine ($5.00 for refills, $10.00 for a 10 ounce carafe) and I would like to 1. showcase our style of food and 2. give people a preview of our specials for the week so I am thinking mini porchetta with 3-4 sweet potato gnocchi in brown butter with parm, and a single slice of bresaola topped with lightly dressed arugula, caperberry, thinly sliced red onion and a lemon wedge... so $10 for a wine glass, with a initial glass of wine, plus a plate of small bites for $10 for the first 40 people who order the special. I know Stein will have some great ideas too, so it will be fun to collaborate on that next week.

Stopped and picked up the bar tables today and put them in the space and took out the extra table and chairs.It looks SO good. I am so happy with how it turned out (so far). We found there are thee appliances that are not wired correctly and the thee plugs for the fridges are tripping the breaker in the back. I unplugged the empty one, but I will be very relieved when the electrician comes in a fixes the problem this Wed or Thursday.

I also laminated the open and closed sign, hours open sign, the menu signs so they can be hung in the window on Monday, plus the small tags for the framed photographs by Kelli Thompson in the shop. Plus I got fabric for the curtain hat will hang in the doorway to the back and some fabric to make Galen a water proof apron. I worked on the long slender menus for the grand opening (I will have to add in the food items and the wine selection once Stein and I decide on those).

Tomorrow we will go to Napa to get the wines!!! Yay!


No comments:

Post a Comment