Saturday, October 29, 2011

Too busy to post as much as I would like...

All of the final details of the restaurant are piling up but we are working through it all. We are planning to do a Grand Opening special and we purchased 40 wine glasses to glass etch . We are still bantering ideas but I suspect we will offer the first 40 customers some kind of deal like... $10 for a commemorative wine glass with a glass of wine of your choice, plus a sample plate with 4-5 small bites. We need to hammer out which small bites we want on the plate and how that is going to work, plus get the wine glasses etched.

Since we are doing the grand opening after our normal hours of operation, we will offer our static menu plus the small plate special. There is a TON of things to try and organize, thank goodness I have a fantastic staff!

Things are really coming together, we got the bar height tables and bar stools, plus shelving for inside the chemical storage closet and the mural is done and is gorgeous! It's really starting to look like a restaurant in there!

I got my first shipment of meat from Del Monte Meats AT the restaurant. I asked for fat pork bellies and SCHNIKIES, they are fat. Four bellies weighted like 15# each... we will be rolling in the bacon, that's for sure. Everything but the turkey breasts (Which were still frozen) went into cure or brine yesterday. It feels so achingly familiar to be in the kitchen, making brines, trimming meat, Galen in the dish station, music on, Stein puttering around hanging signage.

I am worried about our outlet/plug situation. We have three fridges on one outlet basically and it keeps popping the breaker. I unplugged the curing fridge because we still haven't moved everything in from the rental kitchen and that one is empty, but we have an electrician coming in on Monday to clean some things up so hopefully that will fix the problem.

I have so much to do today. I am going to go find the paper for the open/closed signs, plus print out the cleaned up menus, order new cleaned up menus and a stamp... finish my order form list for US Foods... work ont he commemorative glassware and the menu.

Tomorrow we are going to Napa to pick up our wines. This will be fun! Then I just need to get over to Rabbits Foot to get some cyzer and after that we really just need to order our big order from US foods and program our cash register. I also want to finish up the product for Residual Sugar today or tomorrow. Whew! Lots to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment