Monday, December 6, 2010

Limbo... and not the fun party kind...


I am in a weird space where I am waiting for a few things to happen, but I am pretty much done with School. Only one more final this week and then finishing up my Cross Cultural healing Class this weekend and I am done with school for the semester. I have pretty much done everything else I need to do for the time being.


I drove by the space this morning on my way to county recorders office (marking one more thing off the to-do list). Martinez has such a cute downtown area but it is a bit off the grid.
I feel impatient to move forward, and strange about the lull in activity. I hung quite a bit of cured pork jowl for drying and I also started a new batch of pastrami. I tried making pastrami without the nitrates and the color was really off, so I won't likely do that again. I am thinking about experimenting with the celery powder that charcutiers are using to replace pink salt as the celery powder are natural nitrates. but I don't know if they will affect color?
The squirrels are having sex in my roof again. I know we should do something about them (they chewed a hole in my ceiling a few years ago), but they seem so happy there! And it has been brutally cold, albeit today is gorgeous.
I've been in school long enough so it feels very strange not to have school any more... I am pretty much done with the classes I need to get my Baking and Pastry and Culinary Arts certificates. Next semester I will take two general ed online classes to also get my hospitality management associates degree. Plus I need to take one more unit of PE, but the school has this drop-in program where you just have to bank a certain number of hours. I am sure getting the exercise will be good for me!
I've been feeling so stressed, I have been working out to try and mellow myself. This week should be fun though. Debbie is on vacation and Roric is in Budapest, so Rhawnie will come and hang out as well. I have really been missing feminine energy in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment