Sunday, December 19, 2010

First steps towards being adequately funded...


Mr Sullivan from the SBDC called and said they had a group of people who were interested in investing in a new small business so we quickly got together the various items they wanted/needed and he pitched them my business on Friday morning. Then I got a call asking how old I was (40) and figured out that the group of investors was looking for a business owner who was under 35. It is likely part of their grant criteria, but Mr. Sullivan is going to see if they will make an exception. I am flattered that it did not even occur to anyone that I might be over 35!


This is just how the process goes and I am totally mentally prepared for that. I am super grateful for all the help I have received.


I did a chacuterie platter of many of the products I've done in the past year and it really made me feel like I've accomplished so much! The picture of it is above... it is really a think of beauty! I wish I could have sent in a platter like this to Mr Sullivan to show the investors :)
I've started to dream about my cafe... working in it, puttering around making my sausages with Stein. Chatting up customers... I can't wait.
I will be submitting my stuff to the next poetntial lender after the first of the year. I am so excited! I know it will be a process but I am mentally prepared for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment