Thursday, November 11, 2010

Opening my own restaurant...

And other feats of hubris and ego...

So I am merely seconds away from begining the funding search.

Essentials Checklist:
  • Fictitious Business Name
  • Home Occupancy Permit
  • Business License
  • State Tax ID Number
  • Federal Tax ID Number
  • Resellers Permit (in the mail)

Business Plan Checklist:

  • Menu
  • Itemized Menu Price Costing
  • Vendor List
  • SWOT
  • Executive Summary
  • Mission Statement "House Cured and Hand Crafted"
  • Weekly Cash Flow Projections
  • Monthly Cash Flow Projections
  • Quarterly Cash Flow Projections
  • Yearly Cash Flow Projections
  • 5 Year Cash Flow Projections
  • Funding Disbursment List
  • Festival Schedule
  • Demographic Information
  • Marketing Plan
  • Employee Information

Now I am contesting a few small things on my credit report and plan to do a couple of small things to improve my credit score and after that... I have the names of two non-profit lenders who do small business loans I will be contacting, plus Gerad from the local Small Business Administration will be looking my stuff over as well. Today the business plan is with Mr. E from school for input etc.

I want to get together with Stein and brainstorm some details like.... what will we wear? Chefs coats? Rugby Shirts? Dress shirt and black pants with a black apron? How do we want to do service? People sit with menus, or do they come up to the counter and order, then we give them a number and they go sit while we prepare the food? What kind of signage would I do? I kind of want a carved wooden sign that looks like one of the old English tavern signs hanging out above the door. Compass Star with a pig, or with a compass star, or both. I have friends who would probably do it for me, I just need to ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment